!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Operations underway to douse fire near Oil India’s well no 5 in Assam’s Baghjan
- Operations are underway to douse the fire following an explosion occurred near well number 5 of Oil India Limited in Baghjan injuring three foreign experts who were present at the site.
- Water is being sprayed at well number 5 of Oil India as part of the operations to douse fire at the location.
Global COVID-19 count touches 15 million
- The worldwide number of confirmed coronavirus cases has touched 15 million, Johns Hopkins University dashboard shows.
- More than 617,254 people have died globally due to the infection, according to the data compiled by the university.
UK to open citizenship path to Hong Kongers from January
- Britain’s government announced Wednesday that it will open a new special pathway to obtaining British citizenship for eligible Hong Kongers from January 2021.
- In a statement, the Home Office said holders of the British National Overseas passport and their immediate family members can move to the U.K. to work and study. The change to immigration rules was introduced after China imposed a new, sweeping national security law on Hong Kong.
J&K: Complete lockdown in Samba and Baribrahmana tehsils from July 23 to July 26
In view of the spur in COVID19 cases, Samba District Magistrate orders complete lockdown in Samba and Baribrahmana tehsils from July 23 to July 26; essential services allowed.
Manipur to go under complete lockdown for 14 days, starting 2 pm tomorrow.
Karnataka: 5,849 new COVID-19 cases reported in the last 24 hours
Total number of cases stands at 1,86,492 including 51,765 active cases and 2700 deaths.
Kerala: Highest single day spike of 1,038 new Covid cases
- Out of the new cases, 276 cases have been reported in Thiruvananthapuram
- Number of active cases now stands at 8,818
L&T reports 79 per cent fall in Q1 net profit at Rs 303 crore
Infrastructure giant Larsen & Toubro on Wednesday reported a profit after tax (PAT) of Rs 303 crore in the quarter ended June, reflecting a decline of 79 per cent versus Rs 1,473 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
India responding with utmost urgency to COVID-19 from start: WHO
India is responding with utmost urgency to coronavirus from the very beginning and has been continuously strengthening preparedness and response measures, WHO Regional Director (South-East Asia) Poonam Khetrapal Singh said on Wednesday.
Had an excellent interaction with the newly elected BJP Rajya Sabha MPs. It was wonderful to hear their views and passion towards public service. This is a group of MPs who are diverse and will certainly make effective contributions to Parliamentary proceedings.
– PM Narendra Modi
Sachin Pilot files a caveat before Supreme Court to ensure that no orders are passed on Rajasthan Speaker CP Joshi’s petition without hearing Pilot and his supporting MLAs.
Thomas Cook, SOTC offer Covid-negative certification in association with ICMR accredited labs
Thomas Cook India and its group company SOTC Travel have partnered with Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) accredited medical centres pan India, becoming the first travel service providers to offer seamless, end-to-end COVID-negative certification services.
SC to hear Rajasthan speakers plea tomorrow
SC will hear tomorrow Rajasthan speakers plea against high court order restraining him from taking up the disqualification notices against congress rebels led by Sachin pilot.
6 BSF staffers among 24 new COVID-19 cases in Meghalaya
Andhra Pradesh reports 6,045 new Covid-19 cases and 65 deaths
Total number of cases rise to 64,713 including 31,763 active cases, 32,127 discharges and 823 deaths: State COVID-19 Nodal Officer
U.S. to pay Pfizer and BioNTech $1.95 billion to produce millions of doses of COVID-19 vaccine
- Pfizer Inc and German biotech firm BioNTech SE will get $1.95 billion from the U.S. government to produce and deliver 100 million doses of their COVID-19 vaccine candidate.
- The agreement allows the U.S. government to acquire an additional 500 million doses, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense said.
Gujarat govt directs self-financed schools in state not to collect tuition fees from students as long as they remain shut
L&T Q1 results: Net profit plunges 68% to Rs 536.88 crore
5 new COVID19 positive cases have been reported in Dharavi
- Total number of cases to 2507
- 2116 discharges
- 141 active cases
Uttarakhand CM writes to Sundar Pichai
Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat has written a letter to Alphabet (parent company of Google) CEO Sundar Pichai, requesting him to invest in the IT sector of the state. He has promised all support to Google: Chief Minister’s Office
Five of over 88,000 students, who took up Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical examination held recently across state, test positive for COVID19: Officials
Haryana Civil Services (Executive Branch) Rules amended
- The new rules will be called Haryana Civil Services (Executive Branch) Amendment Rules, 2020.
- Now there’ll be 2 papers of 100 marks each (objective type) in the preliminary examination.
GPay does not need RBI authorisation as not a payment system operator: Google to HC
- Google India Digital Services Pvt Ltd has told the Delhi High Court that its Google Pay app does not require RBI authorisation as it is not a payment system operator (PSO) but a third party application provider.
- Google, in an affidavit, has said the PSO authorised by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) which is the owner and operator of the entire unified payment interface (UPI) network.
Qatar Airways says seeking $5bn compensation from rivals over airspace closure
Water being sprayed at well no.5 of Oil India in Baghjan
#WATCH: Water being sprayed at well no.5 of Oil India in Baghjan, Tinsukia as part of the operations to douse fire… https://t.co/dS1qO22tjh
— ANI (@ANI) 1595415428000
ED files money laundering complaint in Kerala gold smuggling case
Explosion near Baghjan oil well In Assam
- Three foreign experts roped in by Oil India Limited (OIL) to cap the gas well in Baghjan in Assam suffered injuries.
- The gas producing well blew out on May 27 and it more than a month that that the well is still in inferno.
- It exploded into a massive inferno on June 9.
- OIL has stated there is no fresh blast in the site.
- Oil had requisitioned services of Singapore based Alert to douse the fire and cap the gas producing oil.
- Floods have inundated the area recently causing massive problem in mobilisation of men and material.
Chhattisgarh: Week-long lockdown with stricter provisions begins in Raipur
Piramal Critical Care partners with Medivant Healthcare to supply injectable drugs in US
UP reports 2,308 new COVID-19 cases
- Active cases to 20,825
- Number of discharges 33,500
- Deaths 1,263
- Over 45,650 samples were tested in the state yesterday
- Over 16 lakhs tests done so far: UP Principal Health Secretary
Madhya Pradesh govt will not organise traditional public functions to mark Independence Day this year in view of coronavirus crisis
– Home Minister Narottam Mishra
DU Admission 2020: NTA to conduct DUET exam in September
Punjab Cabinet today approved a USD 285.71 million project for canal-based water supply for Amritsar and Ludhiana cities under World Bank financing
– State government
Mylan gets Indian regulatory approval for tuberculosis drug
Part of Ashoka Road caved in
Delhi: Part of Ashoka Road caved in following heavy rainfall in the national capital region today. https://t.co/WoWgMkSGmA
— ANI (@ANI) 1595410573000
Telcos should provide location grid of bulk users during verification for new connections: DoT
Telecom operators will now have to provide the location grid of the premises of bulk subscribers during physical verification for issuing new connections, according to a DoT order. Telecom companies will have to provide a point of sale code through a portal to law enforcement agencies, the order said.
Sanjay Jain (who was arrested by SOG, Rajasthan Police) has been sent to 2-day Police remand.
December Nobel Prize banquet in Sweden cancelled
An explosion occurred near well no.5 of Oil India in Baghjan, Tinsukia district.
Three foreign experts who were at the site injured. They have been rushed to hospital: Tridip Hazarika, Oil India Limited’s spokesperson
Delhi HC asks UGC to clarify can final year examinations be based on open choices, assignments and presentations?
BJP names LS MP Suresh Kumar Kashyap as its Himachal Pradesh unit president
Sri Lanka Easter Sunday attacker’s wife may have fled to India: Report
- The wife of one of the suicide bombers belonging to a local extremist group that carried out the Easter Sunday bombings in Sri Lanka killing nearly 260 people may have fled to India to avoid arrest, according to a media report.
- On April 21, 2019, nine suicide bombers belonging to the local Islamist extremist group National Thawheed Jamaat (NTJ) linked to ISIS carried out a series of blasts that tore through three churches and as many luxury hotels in Sri Lanka, killing 258 people, including 11 Indians, and injuring over 500 on the Easter Sunday.
Seven-judge committee will consider after four weeks the aspect of re-starting physical court hearing in SC
– CJI S A Bobde
Big day in India’s nuclear history, says Amit Shah as Kakrapar atomic power plant achieves criticality
Strict action will be taken if anyone tries to buy or sell plasma for COVID patients
– Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain
Death toll in Uttarakhand cloudburst rises to eight with recovery of five more bodies: Officials
PM Modi to address India Ideas Summit at 9 pm today
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh appreciates IAF’s proactive response in bolstering operational capabilities over past few months
E-commerce sites have to ensure country of origin is displayed on imported products sold on their platforms, Centre tells HC
Over 300 of J&K police personnel have recovered from COVID19
Today, 26 of them are donating their blood plasma. We want others who have recovered from COVID19 to come forward and donate plasma. We will facilitate all donors: J&K Police DGP Dilbag Singh
Beijing says United States ordered it to close Chinese consulate in Houston
AFP News Agency
Ex-SC judge Justice B S Chauhan agrees to be part of a committee set up to inquire into gangster Vikas Dubey’s encounter
– UP tells SC
Complete lockdown in all Red districts (excluding Bandipora) of Kashmir Division from today evening till 6 am on 27 July.
Agriculture/horticulture & construction activities to continue: Information and Public Relations, Govt of Jammu & Kashmir
Indians across the world should be allowed to contribute to Ayodhya Temple: Bhandari
Prem Bhandari, a community activist and also the head of Jaipur Foot USA, said that there are nearly 32 million Non-Resident Indians and Persons of Indian Origin around the world and many of them would like to contribute to the development of the temple.
Highest ever number of recoveries recorded in the last 24 hours; 28,472 patients discharged.
More than 7.5 lakh COVID19 patients have recovered so far. Recovery Rate crosses 63%. 19 States/UTs register higher than 63.13% Recovery Rate: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
BJP leader Jyotiraditya M Scindia takes oath as Rajya Sabha member from Madhya Pradesh
SC asks Kapil Sibal to raise the issue of urgent listing of Rajasthan Speaker’s plea before the apex court registry
If court directs then we will disable alleged contemptuous tweets of lawyer Prashant Bhushan: Twitter’s counsel tells SC
Delhi government has decided to conduct sero surveillance every month. It will be done from the 1st till 5th of every month
– Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain.